Sunday, February 21, 2016

Review: Dark Triumph

Dark Triumph Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received this book from net galley for an honest review.

Dark Triumph is the second book in his fair Assassin. I have to say this is my favorite book thus-fair. I didn't like Ismae's book, I had trouble finishing as it was just boring and making me dislike the character. But Sybella was a character that I was interested in the first book and her book didn't fail me. The first couple of chapters are slow but it does pick up as we get into her past and learn why she was such a wild child when we first met her.

There is romance between Sybella and the Beast, but we've learned that the beast isn't as horrible as his name sounds or as people think of him. He isn't the normal handsome guy but he is a kind person and tries to protect Sybella in many ways, yet lets her protect herself as well. He doesn't try to control her and he accepts Sybella for who and what she is.

The book flows rather well as long as you get past the couple of chapters. The character's have a great dynamic, and mesh well compared to what I felt for the first one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment